Default Product Importing
Posted by on 05 January 2013 11:22 AM
If you would like to import some default product you need to import Opportunities first
E.g.: You would like to import a default product if Stage field is set to “3”. To achieve
1. Import Opportunities
2. Create a separate schema for products import – select “Extended Products” as import type
3. Follow Virtual Columns tab where you can create a custom expression for import
It means a condition under which the system will import the default product if the stage is “3” and product from the Product Name field if the sage is not “3”.
On this tab it is possible to create fields for other default records, e.g. Price, Quantity, etc. Below is an example of an expression for Quantity:
If(Equals(SourceField("Stage"),3, 0), “default_quantity”, SourceField(“Product
4. Now when you have created virtual fields you need to map them and other fields from the source file on the Easy Mapping tab:
5. If imported products are not created in your ACT! Database, you can create them by checking corresponding option “Create product if not exists” on the Misc Options tab:
6. Now the schema is ready and you can start import by clicking “Run” button for this schema on the Schemas tab.